4 Aug 2016

Is a "you look pretty" every now and then so much to ask for?

I am a very self-conscious when it comes to my body.

The thing that bothers me the most is that sometimes I get compliments from people. They tell me I'm pretty, I’m beautiful. Instead of that, I would rather my bf is the one who says so. We girls just want the bf to appreciate us. And even more annoying is that some of them are so quick to mention a hot girl on TV or something. I'm not the type of girl that needs compliments constantly, but it would be nice to know my bf thinks I'm beautiful. 

Maybe you would ask, “Do you really need to be complimented that often?” “Are you that insecure?”
Yes, I am insecure. The thing that gets me the most is how he can say so many other girls are hot and I just want to hear it about me. 
I used to get dressed and he would tell me if an outfit looks hot. Now I can put on the sexiest thing and he doesn't say anything about this. 

I read this from somewhere else:

When I brought up the lack of complimenting, he did the same thing your boyfriend did and apologized and said that yes, I was still hot, and then didn't compliment me again until I'd bring it up again. I finally had enough, and sat him down one day and told him how hurt that made me feel, how I didn't feel like I was valued by him, and that I thought he didn't really care. I told him that I don't need to be complimented 24/7, but I need to hear from him VERBALLY from time-to-time that he finds me attractive/talented/etc., rather than just assuming it. It took a little while for him to process it, but now I'm hearing those comments more and more often and it feels so good to know he's being considerate enough to tell me those things. A reason for this is that guys tend to get comfortable fast after they've won your affections, and don't think it's necessary to tell you how hot or wonderful you are all the time anymore, because well, they finally have snagged you. You need to verbalize your concerns to him, and if he doesn't seem to consider your thoughts too much, maybe reevaluate your relationship to see if you really deserve to put up with that kind of ignorance. It sounds innocent to me, but if a person can't learn from their mistakes, then they need to be taught the hard way, unfortunately.

Women are always asking for “honest” men, and then, when you finally get one, you would prefer if he told you something untrue.

Now I realized, being insecurity is very unattractive to me. Seriously, NOT FUN!
I don’t like that pathetic version of mine keep trying to fight for attention. From now on, I will just wear anything I like, put on my make up or not, like my hair down or make a hair bun. It’s my choice!

Next time when he says another girl is hot, instead of asking if she's hotter than you, smile and reply "Yeah she is. Want me to get her number for you?” Be playful and confident. That's much more attractive.
You need to realize that what you're feeling right now stems mostly from insecurities. But you do not need him to validate you. You, yourself know how beautiful you are, so don't you forget that. So he doesn't give compliments to you? No biggie. I believe there’s anyone out there thinks you’re beautiful too! Do not please your boyfriend and stop being so pathetic. Head up!

Now, guys should know that their girlfriend/wife NEEDS to be complimented. They should also keep their mouths shut when VICTORIA SECRET’S ANGEL walks across the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment